UPDATED POLICY as of March 8, 2022.
The following policy is in effect at all Broadway In Boston shows at the Citizens Bank Opera House, the Emerson Colonial Theatre, and the Charles Playhouse.
The vaccination requirement is in effect through July 3, 2022.
We will regularly evaluate our policies and may update them based on public health guidance and applicable law. Updated policies will be shared with you prior to your performance.
- All guests who are ages 12 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an FDA or WHO authorized or approved vaccine and must show proof of vaccination at their time of entry into the theater with their ticket. Further details below.
- Masks are recommended except when required by the show.
- Masks are currently required for all Broadway shows.
- Masks are recommended at Blue Man Group at the Charles Playhouse.
“Fully Vaccinated” means the performance date must be at least 14 days after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or at least 14 days after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine.
Proof of vaccination can be in one of the following forms and should include name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date last dose administered:
- Vaccination card;
- Clear photo of the front and back of a vaccination card as a separate document (the entire card must be visible and legible);
- Clear photo of the front and back of the attendee’s vaccination card stored on a phone or electronic device (the entire card must be visible and legible); or
- Digital vaccination record (including those issued by your health provider, government, or another third party provider such as CLEAR).
Self-reported vaccination records that are not verified by a health care provider cannot be accepted.
Exceptions to our vaccination requirements will only be made for:
- Guests under the age of 12 (provided such guest is accompanied by an adult who meets our entry requirements); or
- Guest who need a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief that prevents vaccination.
Guest who are 12 years of age and above who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief must provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to the performance start time or a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 24 hours prior to the performance start time, verified or administered by a third party.
The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test results:
- Printed document from the test provider or laboratory; or
- An email or text messages displayed on a phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory.
The information provided needs to include the name of the person tested, type of test performed, and date of negative PCR test results (date must be within 72 hours prior to the performance start time) or negative antigen test results (date must be within 24 hours prior to the performance start time).
Self-reported negative COVID-19 test results that are not from a third-party test provider, laboratory, or health care provider will not be accepted.
Entry will be denied and tickets may not be refunded for guests who do not provide the above required documentation on the day of their performance.
Masks When Required
All guests must wear a face mask when inside the venue, except while actively eating or drinking in designated areas. Single-use disposable masks and cloth masks with at least two layers of tightly woven breathable fabric are acceptable. Gaiters, scarves, and bandanas are not acceptable face coverings. Masks must cover the nose and mouth and be secured under the chin.
Guests with accessibility questions, or who require additional assistance related to each venue’s COVID-19 policies may contact:
- Citizens Bank Opera House: Info@CitizensBankOperaHouse.com or 617.259.3400
- Emerson Colonial Theatre: InfoColonial@TheAmbassadors.com or 617.902.6130
- Charles Playhouse: PlayhouseInfo@BroadwayInBoston.com or 617.426.6912
Please contact your point of purchase before your performance if you have questions about our policies or to understand your options if you cannot meet the above Vaccination and Mask Requirements.
Other COVID-19 related health protocols may be in effect at the time of performance. We reserve the right to unilaterally make changes to health protocols according to updated public health guidance and applicable law. Future updates will be provided to ticket holders prior to the performance. Any ticket holder who does not comply with any COVID-19 related health protocol on-site at the venue may be required to leave the theater, and tickets may not be refunded. Please note: events are being planned at full capacity, subject to applicable law and governmental approval and there will not be separate sections for vaccinated and unvaccinated guests.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any place where people gather. You assume all risks, hazards and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other communicable disease or illness, or a bacteria, virus or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness, whether occurring before, during or after the event, however caused or contracted, and voluntarily waive all claims and potential claims against the Venue’s owners and operators, the Venue, Event Organizers, the Presenter, the Producer, the Event, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, sponsors, successors and assigns, and their respective officers, employees, contractors, and agents.